Today we’re going to share a delicious recipe do give it a try.
Idli with a twist.
- 6-8 medium-sized idlis
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/8 cup green peas (I used frozen peas)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- Chopped Cilantro
- Pinch of garam masala
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil + oil for roasting the patties
- 1/4 cup boiled potato (if required)
- 1/4 cup roasted channa dal (phutane/putnala pappu)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1-2 green chilies (bird eye chilies)
- Salt to season
- Water as required
- For the chutney, blend all ingredients for the chutney in a blender using water as required. Temper it keep it aside.
- Mash the idlis and set aside.
- To make the kebabs, heat oil in a pan. Add chili powder, garam masala, and turmeric into the hot oil.
- Roast for about 10 seconds, add the frozen green peas and grated carrots. Add the salt and mix well.
- Add the mashed idlis, chopped cilantro, and mix well. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Make kebab like patties with the mashed idli, if u need to add Potatoes / raw banana/pumpkin/paneer crushed or soaked poha as a binder.
- Roast the kebabs; keep flipping them carefully with the help of oil.
- Transfer small amounts of chutney into shot gasses. Drizzle the tempering over the chutney.
- Poke a toothpick/skewer into the kebabs and let the idlis rest across the shot glasses.
I have tried this at a pool party. Do give it a try its kids friendly and a hit recipe for family get together or kitty parties.
Try serving with varieties of sauces and kebabs can be made with many other ingredients like sprouts, veggies, etc. do try and mention in the comment below which variation you tried.
How ABOUT A SUMMER SALSAAre...not salsa dance form; I am talking about muskmelon salsa... Let's see how to make :Muskmelon salsaIngredients :1 cup small chopped muskmelon1 cup small chopped cucumber1 cup small chopped onion1cup small chopped peppers( red,...
BEETROOT SODA .Ingredients1 cup beetroot cubes1 1/4 cups pineapple cubes1/4 cup apple cubesblack salt to taste1 tsp chaat masalasalt to taste3 cups chilled spriteMethodCombine the beetroot, pineapple, apple, black salt and 1½ cups of chilled water in a...
WATERMELON LIME CHIA PUDDINGIngredients11/2 cup watermelon flesh1 cup watermelon juiceSalt and pepper to taste2 spoon Chai seeds1 spoon lime juice2 spoon oatsMethod :Mix all other and serve chill in a tall glass. More Recipes Want to get...
🌼10+years of helping women achieve their weight loss goals
🌼None restrictive nutrition plan & diet centric
🌼Build a healthy Relationship with food
Want to get healthy and fit?
Your wait is over! Connect with us for a sustainable and doable diet, which is pocket-friendly and result-oriented.