For The Batter
- Green peas purée, refer handy tip-1 cup
- Besan (Bengal gram flour)- 1 cup
- Ginger-green chili paste-1 tsp
- Powdered sugar-1 tbsp
- The citric acid (nimbu ka Phool) crystals/ lemon juice -½ cup
- Grated paneer (cottage cheese)- 1/3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Fruit salt-1 1/2 tsp
- Oil for greasing
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)- 1 tsp
- Urad dal (split black lentils)- 1 tsp
- Finely chopped green chillies-1 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- A pinch
For The Garnish
- Chopped coriander (dhania)- 2 tbsp
- Grated paneer (cottage cheese)- 2 tbsp
For the Batter
- Combine all the ingredients, except the fruit salt, in a bowl; add water (approximately ½ cup) and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and add 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a greased 175 mm. (7″) diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it to make an even layer.
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhokla is cooked. Keep aside.
How to Proceed
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the Urad dal, green chilies, and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a second.
- Remove from the flame, add 1 tbsp of water and mix well. Pour the tempering over the dhokla.
- Cool slightly and cut into equal pieces. Serve immediately garnished with coriander and paneer.
How ABOUT A SUMMER SALSAAre...not salsa dance form; I am talking about muskmelon salsa... Let's see how to make :Muskmelon salsaIngredients :1 cup small chopped muskmelon1 cup small chopped cucumber1 cup small chopped onion1cup small chopped peppers( red,...
BEETROOT SODA .Ingredients1 cup beetroot cubes1 1/4 cups pineapple cubes1/4 cup apple cubesblack salt to taste1 tsp chaat masalasalt to taste3 cups chilled spriteMethodCombine the beetroot, pineapple, apple, black salt and 1½ cups of chilled water in a...
WATERMELON LIME CHIA PUDDINGIngredients11/2 cup watermelon flesh1 cup watermelon juiceSalt and pepper to taste2 spoon Chai seeds1 spoon lime juice2 spoon oatsMethod :Mix all other and serve chill in a tall glass. More Recipes Want to get...
🌼10+years of helping women achieve their weight loss goals
🌼None restrictive nutrition plan & diet centric
🌼Build a healthy Relationship with food
Want to get healthy and fit?
Your wait is over! Connect with us for a sustainable and doable diet, which is pocket-friendly and result-oriented.