- Toor dal – 4 tsp Or 1 ½ tbsp
- Red Ripe Tomatoes – 1 small
- Olive Oil – 1tsp
- Ginger Root, 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilli – as per taste
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – squeeze lime as per taste
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Water – depending on dal consistency
- Wash and cook the lentils in a pressure cooker for about 10 minutes.
- While the Lentils are cooking prepare the tomatoes, ginger and chillies.
- Once lentils are cooked, remove and puree them when they are a little cooler.
- Set aside.
- In a pot add oil and heat.
- Add mustard seeds to the oil and wait for them to pop.
- Once mustard seeds have popped add the tomatoes, saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the pureed lentils and water.
- Now add the chillies and ginger and the rest of the spices.
- Simmer the flame for about 15 minutes.
- Check water levels regularly so as to not burn the dal.
- Taste to see if there is a little sour kick to the dal, if not add some lemon juice.
How ABOUT A SUMMER SALSAAre...not salsa dance form; I am talking about muskmelon salsa... Let's see how to make :Muskmelon salsaIngredients :1 cup small chopped muskmelon1 cup small chopped cucumber1 cup small chopped onion1cup small chopped peppers( red,...
BEETROOT SODA .Ingredients1 cup beetroot cubes1 1/4 cups pineapple cubes1/4 cup apple cubesblack salt to taste1 tsp chaat masalasalt to taste3 cups chilled spriteMethodCombine the beetroot, pineapple, apple, black salt and 1½ cups of chilled water in a...
WATERMELON LIME CHAI PUDDINGIngredients11/2 cup watermelon flesh1 cup watermelon juiceSalt and pepper to taste2 spoon Chai seeds1 spoon lime juice2 spoon oatsMethod :Mix all other and serve chill in a tall glass. More Recipes Want to get...
A realistic approach to nutrition, helping women to achieve their weight loss from 10+yrs.
-Mindful Eating + Holistic Health Approach
DM To Connect 💌
Want to get healthy and fit?
Your wait is over! Connect with us for a sustainable and doable diet, which is pocket-friendly and result-oriented.