Are you on your weight loss regime and craving a tangy, taste and delicious treat …?
I have come up with a healthy but tasty recipe – PAV BHAJI WITH A TWIST.
It will not only satiate your desire for some chatpata street food, but it will fit in your weight loss regime too. Just a swap of few ingredients and tadahhhh we are ready.
Few things we can swap for making our bhaji yummy and healthy
· Have it as a meal, not snack, its healthy because it incorporates so many vegetables and a very filling meal.
· I’ve used almost all veggies.
· It’s a hidden way to feed our kids all the veggies without them knowing what they are eating. On the name of pav bhaji they are feed with so many veggies which otherwise is a task to make them eat.
· No butter, I add homemade ghee, I prefer homemade ghee over butter.
· Try a multigrain roti instead pav which is made of all-purpose flour.
The twist which we can add is:-
Ø Make a thick multigrain roti / Bhakri and make it thick to use it as a pizza base.
Ø Cook it for a longer time to make it little crispy, press it with cloth instead of oiling it.
Ø Once ready add a layer of homemade tomatoes puree ( I prefer homemade )
Ø Spread a thick layer of the below-mentioned recipe for bhaji
Ø Top it with chilli flakes and oregano
Ø Sliced / diced peppers, baby tomatoes, boiled corns ( you can add olives, jalapenos)
Ø Garnish it with crumbled cottage cheese ( paneer ) or tofu
Ø Crumped paneer gives it a look of cheese
Ø I mix half and half, half paneer, and half cheese and 1/2 tofu
Ø Serve hot
Now let’s see how to make bhaji
§ 1 Beetroot
§ 2 carrots
§ 1 potato
§ 1 capsicum
§ 250 gm French beans
§ 100 gm cauliflower
§ 100 gm broccoli
§ ½ cup peas
§ 1 cup pumpkin
§ 4 brinjals finely chopped
§ ½ cup bottle guard finely chopped
§ ½ cup spinach puree
§ 3 to 4 spoons coriander puree( blend coriander with few drops of water)
§ 3 large tomatoes, chopped
§ 2 onion, chopped
§ 3 green chillies, chopped
§ Fresh coriander for garnish
§ 1 lemon
§ 2 tsp oil
§ 1 1/2 tbsp pav bhaji masala/ gram masala ( I like Everest kitchen king )
§ 1 tbsp dhania (coriander) powder
§ Salt and red chilli powder to taste
1. Chop all the vegetables and put them in a pressure cooker (keep onion, tomato and chilli aside to sauté in another pan).
2. Add 2 cups water or see how much quantity is required to fully immerse the vegetables. Add salt, and pressure cook till vegetables for 4 to 5 whistles. ( depends on quantity)
3. Mash all the cooked vegetables using a masher. (I keep it half massed).
4. Heat oil in a pan, stir fry the onion and then add green chillies and tomatoes.
5. Add out purees ( palak and coriander )
6. Add lime and 1 tsp of sugar
7. Add all masala
8. Cook till soft. Add pav bhaji masala and dhania powder, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add the mashed vegetables to the mix and cook on high flame.
10. See the consistency, it should be thick, if not let it cook more.
11. We need thick bhaji as we need to spread it over our multigrain base.
12. If you want to enjoy it with roti or Bhakri keep it consistency accordingly.
13. Serve with hot.
How ABOUT A SUMMER SALSAAre...not salsa dance form; I am talking about muskmelon salsa... Let's see how to make :Muskmelon salsaIngredients :1 cup small chopped muskmelon1 cup small chopped cucumber1 cup small chopped onion1cup small chopped peppers( red,...
BEETROOT SODA .Ingredients1 cup beetroot cubes1 1/4 cups pineapple cubes1/4 cup apple cubesblack salt to taste1 tsp chaat masalasalt to taste3 cups chilled spriteMethodCombine the beetroot, pineapple, apple, black salt and 1½ cups of chilled water in a...
WATERMELON LIME CHAI PUDDINGIngredients11/2 cup watermelon flesh1 cup watermelon juiceSalt and pepper to taste2 spoon Chai seeds1 spoon lime juice2 spoon oatsMethod :Mix all other and serve chill in a tall glass. More Recipes Want to get...
A realistic approach to nutrition, helping women to achieve their weight loss from 10+yrs.
-Mindful Eating + Holistic Health Approach
DM To Connect 💌
Want to get healthy and fit?
Your wait is over! Connect with us for a sustainable and doable diet, which is pocket-friendly and result-oriented.